Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Project.


I bet you’re thinking “Oh crap I’ve stumbled upon yet another of those midlife crisis blogs. Another one of those desperate attempts to cling to a fading youth.”
Perhaps some may draw that conclusion.


I prefer to think of it another way…. Time goes by so quickly these days that before you know it you find yourself approaching an age you always thought of as something from a far distant future.


For me 40 approaches. 
As a woman this means most of us begin to think more seriously about wrinkle prevention, hiding those first strands of greying hair, the early onset of menopause ( God forbid!).
You begin to cast a critical eye over an outfit for age suitability. And you realise that calling yourself a girl is a concept that has been over for many years. 


For me the approach of 40 woke me up to the fact that there are many, many things that I’ve yet to accomplish. Things that others of my age ticked off their developmental milestones list years ago.


I’m going in to this new decade with a renewed sense of time passing. 
So begins the Grasping 40 Straws project.


Over the course of the next year I intend to drastically change my thinking, my circumstances, my career and therefore my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment