Friday 14 September 2012

Embracing Colour.


I've never really been a person who wears colour. I always tend to go oh pretty but still buy black. 
An evolution seems to be taking place in my closet. Lately my favourite piece of clothing is this yellow cardi.
It's lightweight and easy to throw on.
But what I love most is the colour. Yellow. Who'd have thought a girl who grew up with an absolute hatred of the colour yellow would end up loving this.
You might be wondering what did the colour yellow ever do to me?
When I was a little girl my parents decorated my room. Wallpapered the walls with tiny yellow flowers. I hated it. I was a girly girly and I longed for a frilly pink room.
Ever since then I have disregarded yellow out of hand. 

But something about this yellow cardi begged me to pick it up. Such a bright happy colour after what seemed a year and a half of winter weather.
My flatmates say I seem much more animated when I wear colour. 

Now my major drama is not overloading my wardrobe with colour until its a jumbled mess of items. When I shop I always think what do I have that will go with this? And I won't buy anything that doesn't work with at least something else in my stash. 

Well that's not totally true. I did end up buying a floor length pink dress the other day that I am not overly sure about. I'll give it a few months in my closet to grow on me but if It doesn't its gone. Space is at a premium in my closet. I'd like nothing better than to convert the back room into a walk in but I doubt the flatmates would understand that.

I've heard about the idea of capsule dressing month by month. When I actually have more than 30 pieces I'm going to try that.
For now I'm concentrating on what to wear with those two toned shoes i bought the other day.
Seems I have a ways to go yet before I become one of those stream lined put together women. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment