Tuesday 11 September 2012

Happy Birthday

It's finally arrived, my 40th birthday.
How do I feel today?
40 feels like 30.
Today I feel great but it didn't start out that way.
This morning, after being spoilt by good weather for over a week I awoke fully expecting that I'd see bright blue sun kissed sky.
Nope it was overcast and hazy.
Well I wasn't having any of that. So I did the only thing I could, I rolled over, curled up under the covers and went back to sleep until the weather changed.
Thankfully the next time I opened my eyes the sun was shining.

I had nothing planned until a dinner at my parents house and that didn't start until 6pm. The day was my own and I spent it in the sun on the back veranda soaking up as much Vitamin D as possible. And it was bliss.

For years I'd imagined that 40 would hit me like a tonne of bricks.
Instead I felt upbeat, light as a feather and seriously happy. 

 Forward Momentum, my new personal mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment