Sunday 9 September 2012

Taking Back A Little Of What I Love

Further to yesterdays musings today we spent sorting out the accumulated debris from the move.
Shift a box, make a decision, all of a sudden things begin to take on a life of their own.
Four years ago a weekend would have found us joined by a crew at a cabin on the river. We don't have that any more and until today we really didn't understand the impact that not having that in our lives had on us in terms of the life we led.
Weekend used to be spent in the sun, in the water, around a table eating a barbecue and the nights were lit by starlight and a roaring fire. 

This afternoon we had a barbecue, lit a fire, albeit in the backyard but still if you can't have everything compromise.

 I spoke to my mother this afternoon and she was talking with some animation about a trip she has booked to Tasmania. My parents have recently been touring in the middle of Australia to Ayers Rock and surrounds and they have the travel bug. We've been telling them for years to go out and explore the world and they've finally taken our advice. My parents are in their late sixties and early seventies. What I realised from that phone call was that I don't want to just be waking up to life at that age.

I make so many excuses, put things off, think I'll do that another day. And every day I do that I waste an opportunity to be living my life.

Part of my plan for my 40th birthday is to stop making excuses, to start living my life, and to do that I need to start saying YES.   

So YES I'm up for everything, except skydiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment